Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan
Adoption of the Neighbourhood Plan
On 18 January 2023 we agreed to formally adopt the Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan. This makes the Neighbourhood Plan an official planning policy document within the Kings Langley parish area. The adopted version of the plan and its supporting documents can be found below.
Please note: These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. If you require these documents in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what format you need.
- Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan - adopted January 2023 (PDF 4MB)
- Appendix A - Area Profile (PDF 1.2MB)
- Appendix B - Design Guidance and Code (PDF 5.4MB)
- Local Green Spaces Review (PDF 3.1MB)
- Summary of policies (PDF 133KB)
- Kings Langley Public Realm Strategy (PDF 4.2MB)
- Kings Langley Housing Needs Assessment (PDF 1.4MB)
- Kings Langley Walking and Cycling Network Proposals (PDF 5.7MB)
Referendum and adoption of the Neighbourhood Plan
On 17 November 2022 a referendum was held on the Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan, which invited those living within Kings Langley parish to vote on the question: “Do you want Dacorum Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Kings Langley to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?” The results were as follows:
|Kings Langley referendum results
|Number of votes
|The total number of ballot papers counted was
|The number of votes cast in favour of Yes was
|The number of votes cast in favour of No was
|20.14 per cent
Examination of the Neighbourhood Plan
Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan has been through an independent examination, with the Examiner's final report (see below) received on 15 August 2022. The Examiner has concluded that, subject to modifications, the Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions and can proceed to referendum.
On 10 October 2022 we issued the decision statement for the plan, setting out that we, and the parish council, accept all of the main modifications set out in the Examiner’s report. The full decision statement, Examiner’s report and clarification questions and responses are available to view below:
- Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan Examination - Decision Statement (PDF 625KB)
- Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan Examination - Examiner's Report (PDF 1MB)
- Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan Examination - Questions of clarification from the Examiner (PDF 290KB)
- Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan Examination - DBC and Parish responses to questions of clarification (PDF 557KB)
Consultation on draft submission of the Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan 2020-2038
Submission of the Neighbourhood Plan represents the stage where the Kings Langley steering group effectively hands over the baton for the neighbourhood development plan to us.
We ran an eight-week consultation between 3 December 2021 and 28 January 2022 with reference to the 'basic conditions' that the Neighbourhood Plan needs to meet.
Following the responses of the consultation, the draft Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan, Basic Conditions and Consultation Statements that formed their formal submission were issued to the appointed Independent Examiner for her consideration. The Basic Conditions and Consultation Statements, Screening Statement and community feedback can be found below; for the plan and it's supporting documents see the top of the page under "Adoption of the Neighbourhood Plan".
- Consultation Statement (PDF 4.8MB)
- Basic Conditions Statement (PDF 3.1MB)
- Rescreening Statement for a Strategic Environmental Assessment (Updated June 2022) (PDF 2MB)
- Community Feedback on 2020 Engagement (PDF 170KB)
Kings Langley Parish Council applied to designate its parish area as a neighbourhood area in June 2019. Following a public consultation in October 2019, after considering comments received, we officially designated the neighbourhood area for Kings Langley.
- Decision on Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan area designation (PDF 144KB)
- Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan consultation report (PDF 4MB)
- Kings Langley Neighbourhood Plan area designation application letter (PDF 427KB)
- Kings Langley parish boundary map (PDF 531KB)
For further information on the neighbourhood planning process, please see our Neighbourhood planning page.
If you would like to discuss neighbourhood planning with a member of the team, please call us on 01442 228000 or email email@example.com.