Planning Performance Agreements (PPAs)
As part of our transformed planning service, we're encouraging applicants to engage with our new PPA process.
A PPA is a project management tool that allows collaboration between parties to agree timescales, actions and resources for handling particular planning applications. They establish a clear project plan to enable us to consider your development scheme without unnecessary delays. This will result in a greater level of certainty.
PPAs can cover the pre-application and application stages but may also extend through to the post-application stage and include the discharge of planning conditions. They can be particularly useful in setting out an efficient and transparent process for determining large and/or complex planning applications. They can also help to bring together other parties, such as statutory consultees.
We have a dedicated team appointed to deal with your development project from start to finish. To ensure a positive and timely outcome, our objective is to provide you with a collaborative and reliable approach. This is focused upon an agreed, realistic timetable and structured engagement with you and key stakeholders at all times, including the local community.
Benefits of our PPAs include:
- Premium communication service
- Guarantees on response times
- Commitment on decision times
- Flexible draw down of fees
- Fast-track service for condition discharge
- Access to specialist advice to speed up consultee responses
- Assistance with other services we offer (for example - street sweeping, management companies, grounds maintenance, building control, audio studies and contaminated land).
Our Planning Performance Agreements (PPA) Protocol (PDF 1.9MB) provides you with all you need to know in achieving your development scheme.