Moving home/register for Council Tax

If you've recently moved into the borough or have recently changed address you will need to register for Council Tax. You can do this by filling in the appropriate online form below:

Owner occupiers

If you own your property and live in it.

Register for Council Tax - owner occupier


If you rent your property from a private landlord, a housing association, or the council.

Register for Council Tax - tenant 

Empty properties

If you own the property but nobody currently lives in it.

Register for Council Tax - empty property

Landlord or agent tenancy notification

If you are a landlord or agent and want to tell us about tenants who have moved in.

Register your tenants for Council Tax - landlord or agent notification 

Moving out of Dacorum?

If all the adults in the property are moving out of Dacorum.

Let us know you are moving out of Dacorum 

More information

If you have any further questions, please email or call 01442 228000.

Welcome to Dacorum

If you've just moved home, we know that this is a busy time, but there are a few things that you need to do now. To get you off to a good start, we've pulled together some of the key information and links.

Page Last Updated: Friday, 18 August 2023 at 09:10 AM