Your health in Dacorum
There are now more ways than ever to get information on leading a healthy lifestyle or advice and treatment for medical conditions. Using the right health service for you helps the NHS to allocate its resources correctly.
Find the right NHS service for you
- For 24-hour health advice, ring 111 or visit www.nhs.uk.
- Urgent treatment centre at Hemel Hempstead Hospital - open between 8am and 10pm every day. For those conditions that need to be treated urgently but are not life-threatening or serious.
Leading a healthy lifestyle
- Need help to stop smoking? Visit the NHS website for more information. Alternatively, the Hertfordshire Stop Smoking Service offers free professional specialist advice and support to smokers.
- Better Health, Healthier Families helps families eat well, move more and live longer.
- NHS Choices offers all the information you need to make the right choices about your health.
- Find your nearest pharmacy and find out more information about the services your pharmacist can offer.
Dacorum Health Action Group
Changes to hospital services in Hemel Hempstead have been strongly opposed by the Dacorum Health Action Group. The group was formed in 1975 and campaigns to keep vital hospital services in Hemel Hempstead.