Dacorum Community Safety Partnership
A Community Safety Partnership (CSP) is made up of different organisations who work together to protect their local communities from crime and to help people feel safe. This includes developing local approaches to deal with issues such as anti-social behaviour, drug or alcohol abuse, and domestic abuse. They work in partnership with a range of other local public, private, community and voluntary groups and with the wider community.
CSPs are required to prepare a partnership plan, informed by an annual joint strategic assessment.
The partnership is made up of statutory and non-statutory partners.
- Dacorum Borough Council
- Hertfordshire Constabulary
- Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue
- West Herts Clinical Commissioning Group
- National Probation Service (NPS)
- Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (co-operating body)
- Services for Young People
- Hightown Housing Association
- CGL - Change, Grow, Live.
- SASH formerly YOTs
- Trading Standards
- HCC Road Safety unit
- West Herts College
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Hemel Hempstead Town Centre Bid Management
Partners must remain in regular contact with each other, meeting regularly to discuss concerns, emerging issues, key hot spots, crime trends and to monitor priorities through the partnership action plan.
Dacorum has a number of fixed groups that meet regularly to ensure that work within the Community Safety Partnership is progressing. The groups are split into three tiers - RAG (Responsible Authorities Group), JAG (Joint Action Group) and CSAG (Community Safety Action Group).
For a more detailed description of the role that each group plays within the partnership, please see the Dacorum Community Safety Partnership Governance Structure (PDF 393KB).
Domestic homicide reviews
A domestic homicide review (DHR) is a review of the circumstances in which the death of a person aged 16 or over has, or appears to have, resulted from violence, abuse or neglect by:
- a person to whom they were related or with whom they were or had been in an intimate personal relationship or
- a member of the same household.
In the above circumstances, Dacorum CSP will commission a multi-agency review so that professionals can identify what may need to change in order to prevent another tragedy from occurring.
Dacorum DHRs will be published on this page (see below). They will also be published by Herts Sunflower, who will also publish reviews conducted by the other Hertfordshire CSPs. You can find out more about DHRs on the Government website.
- Domestic Homicide Review overview report (P-2018) (PDF 1MB)
- Domestic Homicide Review executive summary (P-2018) (PDF 938KB)
- Home Office feedback letter (P-2018) (PDF 338KB)
Community safety and safeguarding services in Dacorum guide
The Dacorum Community Safety Partnership has created an information booklet containing information and guidance relating to community safety and safeguarding.