Looking for some different clothes? Then make sure our three clothes swap events this week (Friday 9 and Saturday 10 June 2023) fit into your plans.
To be held at The Forum, Hemel Hempstead, you can bring up to 10 items you no longer wear and exchange these for something different - it’s like shopping but at no cost to you or the environment!
During our last clothes swaps in autumn 2022, by exchanging 1,432 items of clothing instead of buying new, residents prevented approximately 8.5 tonnes of CO2e (carbon dioxide equivalent) that would have been used to produce new items. That’s the
equivalent carbon emissions of driving around the equator!
Where and when
First Floor (Conference Rooms 1 and 2), The Forum, Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 1DN
- Friday 9 June (session 1): Drop off: 11.30am – 12.30pm Swap: 1pm – 2pm
- Friday 9 June (session 2): Drop off: 5.30pm – 6.30pm Swap: 7pm – 8pm
- Saturday 10 June: Drop off: 10am – 11am Swap: Midday – 1.30pm
- We can accept a maximum of 10 items per person in adult sizes only
- Items accepted: good-quality adult clothes only (no shoes and bags)
- Items not accepted: bad-quality items (dirty, ripped, torn, stained, broken zips and so on), shoes, bags, jewellery, underwear, nightwear, swimwear or babies and children’s clothes
- Please bring your own reusable bags to take items home - carrier bags will not be provided.
Any items remaining at the end of the events will be donated to local charity shops.
This event is held for you to swap good quality clothing only. Items that are not of good quality can either be repaired or, alternatively, recycled at your local neighbourhood textile recycling bank or some retailer ‘take-back’ schemes. Find
more information on our Recycling Centres page.
For more information about our clothes swaps, please visit our Clothes and Textiles page.